I have attended many trainings/workshops by such distinguished peers as: Salvador Minuchin, Jay Haley, Paul Watzlawick and the staff at the Mental Research Institute in Palo Alto, CA., Michael White, David Epston, Kenneth Gergen, and many more.
I have been a keynote speaker for a National nursing association at the Moscone Center, 1989.
I was a consultant to Schwab to deliver a three-year series of talks for the Human Resources department.
I worked as an assistant to Robert Martin as a consultant to family owned businesses for several years.
I worked with the Center for Leadership Excellence providing individualized executive coaching for several large corporations.
Professional Affiliations: AFTNC (Association of Family Therapists of Northern California) CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists)
- 1966: BA in English Literature with a life time secondary teaching credential;
William Paterson University, New Jersey
- 1970-71: Cambridge University, England, special studies
- 1975: M.A. in clinical psychology, Sonoma State University, summa cum laude
- 1976-78: Post Graduate studies at California Graduate School of Marital and
San Rafael, CA
- 1983-85: Post Graduate studies at The Fielding Institute, Santa Barbara, CA
Honors: Invited member: National Association of Professional Women
- 1988-present: Founder/ Director, Center for Family Solutions
- 1986-present: Adjunct Professor, JFK University, Graduate School of Psychology
- 1979-88: Training Director/Clinician, The Family Therapy Institute of Lafayette
- 1980-88: Senior Faculty, California Graduate School of Family Psychology
- 1984-86: Consultant, Veteran’s Administration Hospital, San Francisco, SF Family Therapy Training Program. Training and live supervision of psychiatry, psychology, and social work residents and trainees
- 1979-84: Program Director, Caminar, El Camino House, Belmont, CA., Administrative and clinical directorship
- 1981-83: Instructor, University of Phoenix, San Jose. Taught systems theory and organizational management
- 1980-82: Instructor, Antioch University West, Pacific Grove, CA., Graduate level courses on systems theory and family therapy
- 1978-79: Clinical Director, Teen Hope Foundation, Concord, CA., Developed clinical treatment and management for adolescents in residential care
- 1974-78: Mental Health Counselor, E.A. Gladman Hospital, Oakland, CA., adult in-patient, adolescent in-patient, chemical dependency in-patient